The Surry Arts Council will review its mission, vision, programs and goals on Monday, April 17th at 1:15 pm in the Siamese Twins Exhibit Room on the lower level of the Playhouse. Please assist the committee in its strategic planning by providing your thoughts on our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.
The SWOT survey may be completed and sent via this special email link to provide your input and comments. You may also download the .DOC file and submit the form via email, mail to PO Box 141 Mount Airy, NC 27030or drop off in person at the SAC office in the lower level of the Andy Griffith Playhouse.
Please fill out our survey and review our mission statement,core values, and vision statement below and join us for the Listening Session on April 17th at 1:15pm in the Siamese Twins Exhibit, facilitated by Frank Sells. The purpose of this session is to gain input from our community for our long range planning. We hope to see you all there.
The Surry Arts Council provides opportunities for everyone in our community to have high-quality experiences in performing and visual arts, while ensuring continuity through financially responsible leadership.
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS/CORE VALUES
The Surry Arts Council Believes that the Arts:
- Provide an opportunity for people to develop their talents
- Enhance the quality of life
- Provide a means of expression and communication
- Increase self-esteem, acceptance, and self worth
- Facilitate the preservation and validation of traditional art forms
- Enhance the cultural literacy of our community
- Expand the artistic horizons of children Improve academic performance
- Contribute to economic development
- Encourage tourism
- Provide enhanced community experiences through meaningful collaborations and partnerships
The arts are a significant part of the life of our community.
Surry Arts Council Board of Directors voted at the Board Meeting on May 16, 2016 to make no changes in the Mission, Statement of Beliefs, and Vision Statement following a Long Range Planning and Listening Session held in April, 2016 and facilitated by Dr. Frank Sells.
We thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and hope you are able to attend this community meeting.